7 Ways to Reignite Your Passion for Nursing
Have you lost your passion for nursing? Nurses fill a demanding role that often puts them in the path of scared patients, frustrated families, and overworked doctors.
With long night shifts, little sleep, and constantly evolving standards, it's no surprise that a loss of passion for nursing is a common issue the nursing industry faces today.
The effects of nursing fatigue are also felt by patients and can reduce the quality of the care they receive. Fortunately, there are steps nurses can take to keep their fires lit and prevent burnout.
If you're concerned that you, or a nurse you know, maybe suffering from nursing fatigue, here are seven ways to bring back your passion for nursing.
7 Ways To Bring Back Your Passion For Nursing
This sentiment is echoed by Baxter, who says, "Make friends and keep them. Take time to connect with others outside of the work setting. We can so easily start to see people through a lens of sickness and pathology that we forget there are good, interesting people out there who just want to be our friend."
Additional Nursing Resources:
- AMN Passport: Our all-in-one nursing app for booking nursing jobs.
- Nursing Salary & Benefits: AMN Healthcare offers our nurses some amazing salaries and benefits. Find out what's in store for your nursing career today.
- Travel Nurse Licensing: Find out about nursing requirements for all 50 states.
- Exclusive Facilities: AMN Healthcare has relationships with the most sought-after healthcare providers.
- Refer-a-Friend: Make up to $2,000 per referral.