Survey of Public School Healthcare Staffing Trends 2023
This report marks AMN Healthcare’s inaugural Survey of Public School Healthcare Staffing Trends.
The survey examines the healthcare professional staffing needs and practices at public school districts nationwide—offered as an informational resource for school administrators, policy makers, journalists, and others who follow healthcare staffing trends. Inside you will find response data from schools, highlighting trends and perspectives from the public school setting.
Highlights from the survey:
- 52% report they are understaffed with healthcare professionals,
- 29% indicate their students do not have appropriate access to the healthcare professionals they need.
- 65% rate school psychologists as the most difficult type of healthcare professional to recruit, followed by speech-language pathologists (63%).
- 73% use contract healthcare professionals to fill staffing needs.
- 29% of school administrators surveyed indicate their schools do not use teletherapy.
Download the survey to uncover important insights from public school districts and the key findings concluded from their responses.
SImply complete the form to access the survey.